“The aim of the game is to drive acquisition… everybody’s trying to get that first shot, and then you drive that retention through your own channels” – Cameron Lawson
A marketing professional with over a decade of experience across every channel, Cameron Lawson is the person you want to hear from for all things digital marketing. Having worked for several eCommerce giants such as Forever New, Cotton On Group, Nike, CHANEL and American Express, he has drawn on his wealth of expertise for his latest venture. As the General Manager of Marketing & Digital at Best Friend Pets, Cameron has skilfully brought together the power of technology, data and strategy, to adapt to the volatile digital marketing landscape.
“My experience has taught me that the most valuable resource that you can have in relation to how your business is performing, are your customers” – Cameron Lawson on having a successful business strategy
JOIN OUR HOST, ROBERT TADROS IN CONVERSATION WITH CAMERON LAWSON ON PANDEMIC MARKETING AND THE CUSTOMER-CENTRIC APPROACH.
The conversation covers:
- Cameron’s elevator pitch (1:30)
- His wealth of experience (3:28)
- Nuances in marketing for various industries (3:58)
- Shift from bricks and mortar to online (5:38)
- Consumer consciousness and impact on behaviour (7:02)
- Improving the digital experience and strategy (11:02)
- Pivoting marketing channels in the online ecosystem (12:35)
- Growth in the pet industry (13:26)
- Customer acquisitions through playing to your strengths (17:15)
- Silver lining of COVID-19 and returning to normality (19:00)
- Fluctuating impacts of lockdowns (20:53)
- How to stay on top in the marketing landscape (24:20)
- Customers are your most valuable resource (26:32)
- Aligning multiple client-agency partnerships (27:14)
- Best Friends Pets’ agenda in the near future (35:35)
- What Cameron would spend a $1M budget on (38:08)
- Cameron’s top marketing tip (39:20)
“The better you understand your customers, the better you can do everything from an eComm perspective…but without understanding customers, everything is guesswork” – Cameron Lawson
Cameron gives us some insight into how he’s adapted his marketing strategy to suit the brands he’s worked for, and especially how the pandemic has affected consumer behaviour. We learn how important a customer focussed approach is in business; and the key to successful client-agency partnerships.