‘The industry is changing quickly, text messaging marketing is very new still for many folks. We’re just figuring out some of the best practices and how to transform it into a really essential marketing channel.’ – Andrea Wan
In 2021, personalised SMS marketing is crucial to providing a world-class customer experience. With over 98% of messages being read within the first 3 minutes, and great call-to-action potential, it simply can’t be ignored.
As the Head of SMS at Klaviyo, an industry-leading marketing automation platform, it’s safe to say that Andrea Wan knows a thing or two about hitting the send button.
But you might not have guessed that from the start. Having studied biochemistry at college, Andrea never saw herself as a marketer. Her first role focused on designing software for clinical trials. Which created an itch, and fueled a love of finding meaning in complex numbers. Kalviyo then appeared on the horizon; a fantastic culture, innovative thinking and the opportunity to deliver value to customers using powerful data automation and metrics.
‘I wanted to be working on products that our customers were using day-in-day-out. And getting a lot of value from, and improving their lifestyles.’ – Andrea Wan
The rest is history.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION AS WE DISCUSS THE FUTURE OF PERSONALISED SMS MARKETING WITH ANDREA WAN FROM KLAVIYO AND OUR HOST, ROBERT TADROS.
The conversation covers:
- How did you start your career? (0:53)
- The backstory of Klaviyo (2:41)
- The future of eCommerce (3:40)
- Best practices for SMS marketing (5:48)
- Main SMS metrics to track (8:35)
- SMS marketing ROI/what to look out for (11:08)
- Attribution modelling (11:55)
- Quantifying results based on database size (12:46)
- Key features of the SMS platform (13:37)
- SMS checklist for marketers / how to get started with SMS marketing (16:40)
- The future of Klaviyo / roadmap (18:59)
- How do you find the right agency partners for Klaviyo? (20:40)
- 3 quick tips to consider when incorporating SMS strategy (21:25)
There’s never been a more important time to add SMS marketing to your arsenal.
Want to boost the effectiveness of your marketing efforts? The numbers are in. SMS marketing is here to stay. To find out more, connect with Andrea via LinkedIn and subscribe to Impressive today.