Chris Christofi has been in the financial industry since 1999, but it wasn’t always smooth sailing for the real estate mogul.
After a dissolved business partnership and some bad decisions, Chris found himself in $780,000 of debt. In order to come out on the other side, he had to sell all his assets, move in with his mother and rebuild his future. Spending years clearing his debts and decades developing the skills to become a respected leader, Chris found his feet again.
Well known for his passion and accomplishments in finance and always leading with integrity and ethics, hear how Chris transformed his hardships into business opportunities and become a self-made entrepreneur.
“I want to help as many Australians retire as financially as possible. When I saw what property did for me and my family, I wanted to share that with as many people as possible.” – Chris Christofi
Sit down with entrepreneurs, Robert Tadros and Chris Cristoffi, as they discuss leadership, vulnerability and finding your competitive edge
Founded in 2005 by the self-made entrepreneur, Reventon, one of Australia’s leading financial firms, has supported thousands of Australians to secure their future finances. Beyond finance, Chris is the author of best-seller, Your Path to Wealth: Brick by Brick and understands the importance of giving back to the community, showing support for a range of charities across the globe.
Robert also had entrepreneurial instincts from a young age and quickly grew his digital marketing agency from 2 to 50 employees in just 3 years. Discussing their pathways, Robert and Chris dish what it’s like starting a business and how they maintain their status as trustworthy, knowledgeable and approachable leaders.
“Business is a journey. You have to map out point A and work out how you’re going to get to point B. It’s all about where are we, where are we going and how are we going to get there?” – Robert Tadros
The conversation covers:
- How Chris started (1:45)
- The importance of your vision and following your “story of spirit” (5:15)
- Entrepreneurship isn’t glamorous, but it can be fulfilling (9:00)
- Showing your vulnerability as a leader (11:45)
- Finding your competitive edge through sport (13:30)
- Managing ADHD and how it shapes you as a professional (16:30)
- Using meditation as a superpower (22:00)
- Finding your next challenge and figuring out how you’re going to get there (26:00)
- Being emotionally intelligent as a leader (28:00)
- Abundance mindsets lead to more success (30:00)
- Being brave and showing up everyday makes you human (35:00)
- What’s happening in the property market in Australia right now (37:00)
- Affordability is one of the most important aspects of buying a home (39:30)
Finding your vision as a leader
Want to kick-start your entrepreneur career. Discovering your vision and following it are crucial steps in becoming a leader. Without embracing these key aspects of your business, it can be difficult to establish yourself as a pack leader in the industry.
The most important thing to remember is that it’s okay to show you’re human. Being approachable, available and understanding are all ways you can highlight your vulnerability as a leader and inspire others around you.
“I love adversity, I want to be put in a situation where it’s impossible to succeed and my thoughts become things. I always knew I would get back on my feet, and while there are days I want to throw the towel in, they’re the ones you grow from the most.” – Chris Christofi