“I have this incredible opportunity to work with brilliant people to solve problems in ways that I probably wouldn’t solve them, so I’m learning every day and that really motivates me” – Lucinda Hartley
Co-founder, serial entrepreneur, urban designer, keynote speaker and true innovator, the inimitable Lucinda Hartley has spent the past decade pioneering methods to help improve cities around the world. Her passion for travel, innovation and social change has seen Lucinda solidify her position as a leader in her industry, with her list of impressive accomplishments growing each year.
Named as one of Australia’s 100 Women of Influence by the AFR, Lucinda was also included in The Age Top 100 most influential people in Melbourne. Between her regular keynote speaking appointments at TED and UN Summits, Lucinda continues to gain widespread recognition for her work on a global scale. Most recently, her urban insights were contributed to UN Sustainable Development Goal 11 (Cities) and she was appointed to the UN-Habitat Youth Advisory Board.
Lucinda’s trailblazing tech company, Neigbourlytics, harnesses the power of big data to monitor the social wellbeing of neighbourhoods, in order to help citymakers create positive change for their communities.
“We are looking to be in 100 cities within 3 years from a data footprint perspective and that’s looking really achievable at this point in time” – Lucinda Hartley
JOIN OUR HOST, ROBERT TADROS IN CONVERSATION WITH LUCINDA HARTLEY ON USING DATA TO BUILD SMART CITIES, UNDERSTANDING TEAM DYNAMICS AND DIVING INTO THE TECH INDUSTRY.
The conversation covers:
- From the UN, to consulting and championing grassroots communities, Lucinda tells us about her path to tech (2:21)
- What is Neighbourlytics? (5:20)
- How is Neighourlytics using data to create people centric cities? (6:45)
- Falling into an NFP CEO role in at 26 years old, starting her first business and shifting into the tech space (13:00)
- Neighbourytics’ innovation in a vertical they have created themselves (16:16)
- Lucinda’s focus on the business and the division of responsibility (20:30)
- What gets Lucinda out of bed in the morning? (22:03)
- Working with people who have different skill sets (24:00)
- Understanding the psychology around navigating team work (25:01)
- Problem solving and integration within a team (27:40)
- What’s next for Neighbourlytics? (29:16)
- Lucinda’s biggest piece of advice for entrepreneurs in the space (30:35)
“In the tech space, I would really strongly advise people who are non-technical founders to give it a go, because I didn’t for a decade – I just assumed that because I wasn’t a computer scientist that I couldn’t run that kind of business.” – Lucinda Hartley on the abundance of opportunity in the tech industry
Lucinda is a true wealth of knowledge across innovative urban design and how best to use data to create people centric cities. She speaks openly about the challenges and growth Neighbourlytics has encountered along the way. Lucinda shares how her and co-founder, Jessica Christiansen-Franks, have navigated the division of responsibilities and the integration of strategic communication within an eclectic team.
The post EP 56: LUCINDA HARTLEY – INNOVATION & DATA LED DECISION MAKING appeared first on Impressive.